"The very first year of your life just passed—who knew you would grow up so fast? Happy first birthday!"
What happens after booking your Cake Smash Session?
Once you've booked your session & we've decided on a theme/style, I begin planning immediately. This includes set design, outfits, cake/food and every tiny details that goes into creating a custom Cake Smash Session. I always suggest clients book early so we can decide on the very best props and pieces for your session.
Simple & Classic
Mom requested pink & white & classy. I love how this session turned out because our client LOVED it and it was exactly what she was looking for. My ultimate goal is to create a session experience that is even better than what you had envisioned.
Each Cake Smash session is unique due to the fact that we work hard to create a custom set for each of our clients based on what they're hoping to achieve. With your requests at the forefront of our planning, we're able to use our own creativity to make your hopes come to life.
With your input & my creativity, we can create the perfect session for your little one.
I absolutely ADORE creating first birthday sets. Seriously, I'm slightly concerned with how much I enjoy each Cake Smash set I'm able to design. When a client books and requests which theme and/or style they're interested in, I begin designing immediately. Whether it's a Sailor theme or Boho, each design is unique and takes time, attention to detail, and a love for what I do to come together. I love the look on a client's face when they first enter the studio & finally get to see what their set looks like.
Designing Your Set
As soon as you decide to book, I begin designing your set. With your Session Investment Fee, you receive access to our carefully-curated Client Closet of outfits, matching cake, and a custom-designed themed set.
While I love inspiration images because these give me an idea of what your interests are, I will never duplicate another photographer's set-up or ideas. This is perfect because it means your little one will have their very own custom-designed first birthday photoshoot.
Some unique Cake Smash themes I'd love to create!
If you're interested in doing something different & original, I'd love to create something new & unique. I've created a list of ideas I would love to design and can't wait to photograph. Let me know if any of these strike your fancy and let's make magic!
Let's create something original!
- Chick-Fil-A - This would be SO precious & perfect for any kiddo who loves this tasty fast food giant.
- 80s Music - "We Built This City", or in this case, a rad 80s Cake Smash set!
- Animal Crackers - That cute little Animal Cracker box deserves some recognition.
- Favorite Color - Choose your little's fav color & I'll create an entire monochromatic set. 😮
- Favorite Food - How cute would it be to surround your birthday baby with their favorite food as their Cake Smash?!
- Rubber Ducky - I know my kiddos loved (and still do!) rubber ducks!
- Harry Potter - Alright, this one seems obvious. Potterheads are parents, too, and their babies deserve to be celebrated as such.
- Ice Cream - Any baby born in Summer would be perfect for this theme!
- Cookies & Milk - If this one doesn't sound delicious, I don't know what will.
- Grease - Not sure if others are big fans like I am, but this would be SO unique & fun.
- Moon & Stars - I have THE cutest prop for this one and I can't wait to use it.
Full disclosure, those are just a few ideas I have for unique Cake Smash ideas. I adore being creative and fully immersing myself into the design of each set. If you're interested in booking your Cake Smash session with us, make sure to schedule well in advance. Not only do we book up fast, but each adorable set requires time to create and I want the very best for your little one's first birthday photos.