Holiday Sessions 2022!
That's officially a wrap for this year's holiday sessions. We are so grateful to each and every client who trusted us to capture their holiday memories. This season is always a wonderful reminder of how important it is to capture these moments before they slip away. Each year we endeavor to build something even bigger and better than the year before. I wanted to share some fun facts about this year's session experiences that some of you might not have known... ;)
Fun Holiday Facts from 2022!
- We begin planning our holiday sets a full calendar year before our actual holiday sessions. Last year we decided we wanted our 2022 holiday sessions to have a unique holiday room to capture our seasonal sessions. We chose this gorgeous tower room with arched windows showcasing a snowy landscape on one wall and a flickering fireplace with brick wall on the other.
- Each gallery included hand-edited images with added magical enhancements to set the holiday scene.
- This year was our first year offering our Santa Experience session. We wanted to give our clients the opportunity to have a personalized, one-on-one session with Santa and not a quick, grab-a-cell-pic Santa visit.
- I'm apparently a glutton for punishment because after our last weekend of holiday sessions we were planning to go out of town. There's no way I would've been able to go out of town without first delivering client galleries. Soooo...that meant I had four days to edit, create product mockups, deliver galleries, order cards, albums, finalize galleries, etc. The long and short of it, we stayed up into the night working to ensure we delivered galleries early, before going on vacation.
- Each year we learn something new that we can implement into the next year's session experience. This year I learned that there are still a great many people sending out holiday cards. This was delightful to find out as we personally LOVE sending and receiving cards each year. Providing our clients with custom holiday images and creating personalized holiday cards allows clients to remove the stress of having to worry about one more thing during the holidays.
- We always plan to capture promo images of our next year's setup well in advance. Promo sessions help capture what our setup will look like. This gives clients a visual representation of what the final look will be and creates a realistic expectation.
- If you're interested in scheduling a holiday session, make sure you contact us early to ensure your time is available!
Santa Session Experience
This year we were so proud to have hosted Midlands Santa, LLC as our one-of-a-kind Santa and Mrs. Klaus. We wanted to create a scene where children would be able to spend quality time with Santa, whispering wishes, sharing cookies & milk, asking questions they've yearned to know the answer to, and many more one-on-one opportunities they might not be able to do with a mall Santa. My fervent hope was that kiddos would feel special and heard. That they would feel the magic of Christmas and remember this experience forever. As a parent, I want to keep the magic alive as long as possible and creating a memorable Santa experience for children to feel important was my ultimate goal.
After seeing the joy and curiosity on each child's face, we knew this wouldn't be the last year we offered these magical Santa sessions. In fact, we're already planning for next year's setup and it'll be even better than this year. We always want to improve and grow and we hope our holiday clients from this year will visit us again next year and we're able to gain some new faces in the coming year.